When figuring out how to choose home insurance, consider these key questions:
- What is the estimated cost to replace, rebuild or repair your home—the “replacement cost”?
- What other structures are on your property (e.g. garage, shed, fences)?
- How much of a deductible can you afford to pay out-of-pocket if you have a loss?
- What are your valuables and what are they worth?
- Do you have frequent visitors to your home?
- Do you work out of your home?
- Do you rent any part of your home or property?
- Do you qualify for any discounts?
- What are the basic coverages required by your mortgage lender?
Our licensed insurance representatives are happy to walk you through all of this step by step, and can help you review your needs on an annual basis.