To get an idea of your renter’s insurance needs, answer these questions:
- How much would it cost to repair or replace my belongings?
- How much of a deductible can I afford to pay if I have a loss?
- Do I have any valuables that require extra protection?
- Do I have visitors to my rented apartment or home?
- Have I made any improvements to my rental that are worth protecting?
- Do I qualify for any discounts?
- What personal activities (including sports) do I participate in?
- What damage might my children or pets cause?
Your local independent agent can help you answer these questions and assess your needs so you can get the insurance coverage that’s right for you. They also can review your needs annually to help you keep your coverage up to date and tell you if purchasing renters insurance may also help you lower your auto insurance premium.